Abdul Latif Jameel General Trading Co. Ltd., hereinafter referred to as the “Company”, manages all data, including personal data obtained from the user, hereinafter referred to as the “User”, via the Company’s website, compliant with personal information protection and other applicable laws and regulations in Japan as explained below.
1. Privacy Information
Privacy information is to be construed as data, inclusive of any personal information that can be used to directly identify a specific living individual as defined under Japan’s Personal Information Protection Law including name, date of birth, address, telephone number, e-mail address and other such information.
It also includes all data that characterizes access profiles, inclusive of access history and access history logs, history of pages viewed, search keywords used, dates and times of use and usage environment, and personal user IP address, cookie information, location information, and individual identification information relevant to the terminal and other profile information.
2. Collection of Personal Information and Purpose of Use
We collect personal information from website inquiries and use this only to respond to User requests and inquiries and for the purposes stated in this website. We will not use the personal information for any other purpose without the User’s prior consent.
3. Collection of Characteristic Access Profile Data and Purpose of Use
On this website, access history and access history logs, the history of pages viewed, search keywords used, dates and times of use, usage environment, User IP address, cookie information, location information and individual identification information relevant to the terminal and other profile information are automatically recorded. This is to allow the Company to perform statistical analysis of website usage. We will not use this Information for any other purpose.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
(1))We will not disclose personal information to any third party without the User’s prior consent except in the following cases.
- （a）When required by the Personal Information Protection Law and other applicable laws and regulations.
- （b）When it is necessary to protect human life, limb, or property, and it is otherwise difficult to obtain User consent.
- （c）When it is necessary for public health or the protection of children, and it is otherwise difficult to obtain User consent.
- （d）When a national institution or local public organization, or a fiduciary body thereof is obligated to cooperate with the execution of a statutory mission mandated under laws and regulations, and where obtaining user consent would interfere with the execution of that mandate.
- （e）When notifying or publicizing the following information to Users in advance.
- The provision of personal information to third parties, where this is part of the purpose of use.
- Items of data and details of content that are provided to third parties.
- Means or methods of provision of information to third parties.
- The right of the User to request termination of the provision of personal information to a third party.
(2)Other provisions such as those indicated in the preceding paragraphs notwithstanding, the following cases are not to be regarded as unacceptable disclosure of information to third parties.
- （a）Where the User has entrusted personal information to the Company for uses agreed upon or stipulated and said information is transferred to another party in entirety or in part to achieve the agreed upon purpose of use in entirety or in part.
- （b）Where personal information is transferred to a new entity along with purpose of use in the event of a succession of business due to merger or other reasons.
- （c）Where personal information is to be jointly used by the Company and another party or other parties, within the scope of agreed upon purpose of use, in which case, the User shall be notified as to the fact, the items of information shared or used, the scope of the use, the purpose of use by both parties, the name of the person or organization with whom the information is shared and by whom it may be used and details or information the User may use to gain access to all those responsible for dissemination of information or use of it. This information shall be made available to the User in an easy to comprehend manner, not requiring special knowledge or special competence.
5. Disclosure of Personal Information
(1)When the User requests disclosure to himself or herself of their own personal information entrusted to the Company, the Company shall respond without delay. However, we may not disclose all or part of this information under circumstances detailed in the following paragraphs and will notify the User of the facts without delay. The Company reserves the right to charge a fee for this service in consideration of expenses. Exceptions include situations:
- （a）Where there is a possibility of endangering life, limb or property, or the possibility of infringement on the rights of any person, or denial in whole or part of benefits to which a person may be entitled.
- （b）Where such disclosure will interfere with, disturb, or in any way injure the Company or its conduct of business.
- （c）Where such disclosure will violate the law or regulations enforced by law.
(2)Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraphs, we do not in principle disclose information of any kind, including website access history logs and personal information that may serve to identify a person.
6. Correction and Deletion of Personal Information
When the User’s personal information recorded by the Company is incorrect, the User can request correction or deletion of said information according to procedures that will be specified by the Company. According to its own judgment, the Company will correct or delete said information and notify the User without delay.
7. Discontinuation of Use of Personal Information, etc.
When the User requests the Company discontinue using personal information for the reason that the use of said information exceeds agreed upon or stipulated purpose or has been acquired unfairly or unethically, we will conduct the necessary investigation without delay and where the results confirm the allegations immediately cease and desist using the said information. We will comply with the complaint and notify the person concerned accordingly. Exceptions shall include: technical difficulties in discontinuing use or prohibitive expense or the existence of alternative measures preferable to the Company that also protect the rights and interests of the individual adequately in our judgment.
8. Handling of Personal Information and Links to Third Parties
This site has links to third party websites. We are not responsible for how the third-party sites handle and manage personal information and the contents therein. Users should directly contact the relevant third party if they have questions about their usage or policies.
To protect user personal information, this website uses the Secure Sockets Layer protocol (SSL).
The contents of this policy can be changed without notice to the User, conforming to revision of laws and regulations and other necessary matters.
12. Inquiry Office
For inquiries regarding this policy, please e-mail the following office.
Address: 1F Yusen building, 2-3-2 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-0005 Japan
Company name: Abdul Latif Jameel General Trading Co. Ltd.
Office: Public Affairs Division
Date of policy: June 15, 2016